to be or not to be

홈 > 시 백과 > 시인의 시
시인의 시

* 특정 종교나 정치.사상, 이념에 치우친 작품과 다수 회원이 삭제를 요청하는 글은 양해없이 삭제되거나 개인게시판으로 옮겨집니다.
* 저자난에는 이름만 사용해야 하며, 별명이나 아호 등을 사용해 등록자 이름과 저자(시인)의 이름이 달라지면 검색이 되지 않습니다.
* 모두를 위하여 한 번에 많은 작품을 연속해서 올리는 것은 지양하시길 부탁드립니다.
* 목록의 등록자 이름에 마우스를 놓고 클릭하시면 해당 등록자가 올린 작품을 한번에 조회할 수 있습니다. 
* 검색시에는 리스트 하단 <다음검색>버튼으로 나머지 검색 결과도 확인하시기 바랍니다.

to be or not to be

민경대 0 368
저자 : 민경대     시집명 : 347-1
출판(발표)연도 : 2019     출판사 : 시공장
https://youtu.be/uCjYLxAQ5gs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_kill_all_the_lawyers

https://youtu.be/nlIdbT8bELc

Let's kill all the lawyers

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation

Jump to search

For other uses, see Let's kill all the lawyers (disambiguation).

"Let's kill all the lawyers" is a line from William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2. The full quote is "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".[1] It is among Shakespeare's most famous lines,[2] as well as one of his most controversial,[3] and has been used as the title of movies[4] and books.[5] Shakespeare may be making a joke when character "Dick The Butcher" suggests one of the ways the band of pretenders to the throne can improve the country is to kill all the lawyers. Dick is a rough character, a killer as evil as his name implies,[1] like the other henchmen, and this is his rough solution to his perceived societal problem.[6] There is some disagreement with the interpretation that one of Shakespeare's sympathetic characters would make a joke suggesting that killing lawyers would make the world better.[7]

Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2[edit]

JACK CADE. Valiant I am.

SMITH [aside]. A must needs; for beggary is valiant.

JACK CADE. I am able to endure much.

DICK [aside]. No question of that; for I have seen him whipp'd three market-days together.

JACK CADE. I fear neither sword nor fire.

SMITH [aside]. He need not fear the sword; for his coat is of proof.

DICK [aside]. But methinks he should stand in fear of fire, being burnt i' th' hand for stealing of sheep.

JACK CADE. Be brave, then; for your captain is brave, and vows reformation. There shall be in England seven half-penny loaves sold for a penny: the three-hoop'd pot shall have ten hoops; and I will make it felony to drink small beer: all the realm shall be in common; and in Cheapside shall my palfrey go to grass: and when I am king,– as king I will be,–

ALL. God save your majesty!

JACK CADE. I thank you, good people:– there shall be no money; all shall eat and drink on my score; and I will apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord.

DICK. The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Jack CADE. Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should be made parchment, that parchment, being scribbl'd o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings; but I say 't is the bee's wax, for I did but seal once to a thing, and I was never mine own man since.

References[edit]

1.^ Jump up to: a b "Henry VI, part 2: Entire Play". shakespeare.mit.edu. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
2.^ "Henry VI (Part 2) the play by William Shakespeare". www.william-shakespeare.info. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
3.^ Gershman, Jacob. "To Kill or Not to Kill All the Lawyers? That Is the Question". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
4.^ Senkowski, Ron (1998-05-15), Let's Kill All the Lawyers, retrieved 2016-03-01
5.^ Levine, Paul (2012-06-01). Kill All the Lawyers (Unabridged ed.). Place of publication not identified: Blackstone Audio. ISBN 9781433227288.
6.^ ""The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - it's a lawyer joke". www.spectacle.org. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
7.^ "'Kill the Lawyers,' A Line Misinterpreted". The New York Times. 1990-06-17. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
0 Comments
제목 저자(시인)